Re: [AMBER] PM6 in Amber 11

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:39:45 -0400

Hello,

A couple comments,

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 9:13 AM, Zora Strelcova <stre.chemi.muni.cz> wrote:

> Dear Amber's Users.
>
> I have a problem with running QM/MM calculation in Amber 11. According to
> the user manual the PM6 method should be available in this Amber version (
> PM6 is supported for all elements which do not require d-orbitals).
>

> In my tests the QM zone was defined as a mehtyle group and I would like to
> try PM6.
>
> &qmmm
>
> qmcharge=0,
> qm_theory=PM6,

Try using single-quotes to encompass the PM6. qm_theory='PM6'

> qmmask='.1-4',

I think this mask is wrong. I've never actually seen numbers used after .,
just atom names, but if it works with atom numbers in residues, then I think
it might match the first 4 atoms of each residue... In any case, review the
ambmask syntax and make sure this is what you're trying to do.

Good luck!
Jason

writepdb=1,

> qmshake=0,
> qm_ewald=1,
> qm_pme=1
> /
>
> Such calculation ends with error message:
> "SANDER BOMB in subroutine read_qmmm_namelist
> PM6 not currently supported in sander.
> (qm_theory = 'PM6')"
>
> I would appreciate if you can explain me this issue. Is PM6 really
> implemented and if so where can be the source of my problem?
>
> Thanks in advance, Zora

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Graduate Student