[AMBER] PM6 in Amber 11

From: Zora Strelcova <stre.chemi.muni.cz>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:13:34 +0200

Dear Amber's Users.

I have a problem with running QM/MM calculation in Amber 11. According to
the user manual the PM6 method should be available in this Amber version (
PM6 is supported for all elements which do not require d-orbitals).

In my tests the QM zone was defined as a mehtyle group and I would like to
try PM6.

&qmmm

qmcharge=0,
qm_theory=PM6,
qmmask='.1-4',
writepdb=1,

qmshake=0,
qm_ewald=1,
qm_pme=1
/

Such calculation ends with error message:
"SANDER BOMB in subroutine read_qmmm_namelist
 PM6 not currently supported in sander.
 (qm_theory = 'PM6')"

I would appreciate if you can explain me this issue. Is PM6 really
implemented and if so where can be the source of my problem?

Thanks in advance, Zora