[AMBER] simulation runs very slow..

From: Vijay Manickam Achari <vjrajamany.yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 08:54:24 +0000 (GMT)

Dear AMBER users,

I am using SGI4700 to run my simulation. It contains 128 CPUs.
I use 64 CPUs to run my job at per submission. If I submit two jobs, each one with 64 CPUs I notice my simulation runs very very slow.

If I run single job with only 64 CPUs it runs fine. (THE OUT PUT is MOVE FASTER).

I am not sure about why it run very slow if two jobs run and runs fine if there only one job running.

Even though I reduce the CPUs become 32 at each submission, I notice the same problem occurs. I can not submit two jobs with 32 CPUs each. I only can submit single job with 32 CPUs.

Could I get any help related to this issue?
Is there any idea on how to solve this problem?

Advance thanks for your help.

Regards
Vijay.M

Vijay Manickam Achari