Re: [AMBER] regarding mmpbsa

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:07:12 -0400

Hello,

I see a couple of issues with your input. First, by default K+ ions are
stripped from your coordinate file. If you do not remove the K+ ions from
the topology files, then your topology files will not match your coordinate
files (resulting in the ptraj warning you see below:

checkCoordinates(): Could not predict number of frames for AMBER trajectory
file: _MMPBSA_complex.mdcrd
   If this is not a compressed file then there is a problem

). Second, it's likely that you didn't use GB when you ran your initial MD,
but rather explicit solvent, correct? In this case, K+ may not be able to
be handled by sander when running GB, and you may have to add a parameter
into the source code and recompile. However, K+ is not explicitly key to
binding, then I would recreate topology files without these ions and just
use the saltcon variable.

As for the errors you're getting in PB, I thought our version created an
input file compatible with amber9, but it looks like I was mistaken. You'll
have to go through the input file (in the function pbmdin_old in utils.py)
and adjust it so that it works for sander. I'm guessing you'll have to
remove cutcap, xcap, ycap, and zcap.

Hope this helps,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,