Re: [AMBER] make test.parallel

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 10:23:50 -0400

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010, Steve Seibold wrote:

> I have never compiled AMBER ( a real newbie at this) before and I am
> probably being too concerned, but I have done a parallel compilation
> with AMBER11 and started running the test jobs. It has passed all jobs
> so far, but has been running one job (at cd PIMD/full_cmd_water/equilib
> && ./Run.full_cmd) Testing Centroid MD for about two hours now. I am
> assuming this is a large system with explicit waters.
>

> I am running eight processors (and they are running). Does it typically
> take this long? Should I be concerned that my machine has become
> "stuck"??

You should be concerned, and the job must be "stuck". Kill it, then comment
out that line in the test/Makefile, and try other again. Also, look at the
output file for the stuck job to see if there are any hints about what is
going wrong.

If you can't see anything, let us know what compiler and version you are
using, along with OS information, etc.

....regards...dac