[AMBER] Fwd: Fwd: how to allign the protein with average pdb

From: REENU KHATTRI <ibi2008024.iiita.ac.in>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:02:26 +0530

THANKs sir its working

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 5:34 AM
Subject: Re: [AMBER] Fwd: how to allign the protein with average pdb

Hello,

atomicfluct does NOT do an RMS fit. You must do that before with the rms
command. If you do not, then you will not get meaningful data. Also, it
does not make sense to RMS fit to each residue then see how it fluctuates
(it's doable, but meaningless). This is because you can easily fit 15 atoms
to a small RMS value over a trajectory, but the entire rest of the protein
may not align. You should align the backbone atoms with the rms command,
(using reference, like I put in my last email), then use atomicfluct.

Good luck!
Jason

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:09 PM, REENU KHATTRI <ibi2008024.iiita.ac.in

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Graduate Student
352-392-4032