[AMBER] solute ans solvation box

From: Emmanuel Baribefe Naziga <baribefe.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:40:49 -0600

Hello Everyone,

I have a question about solute movement out of the initial box. I have read
understand how this works.

I have a particular simulation with a small two residue solute that I am
able to simulate for over 200ns. I use iwrap=1 and upon visualization of the
trajectory I can see the solute at the edges sometimes.

Using the following ptraj commands

center :1 2
image familiar

The solute is in at the center for the duration of the calculation.

As I understand the commands above this should use the solute as center and
translate the solvent relative to this center.

I just want to be sure that this is correct and that I am not artificially
centering a solute that is not surrounded by water in the simulation.

My mdin looks like:
 &cntrl
  imin = 0, irest = 1, ntx = 5,
  ntb = 2, pres0 = 1.0, ntp = 1,
  taup = 2.0,
  cut = 8, ntr = 0,
  ntc = 2, ntf = 2,
  ntt = 3, gamma_ln = 1.0,
  nstlim = 100000000, dt = 0.002, ig = -1,iwrap=1
  ntpr = 500, ntwx = 500, ntwv = 500, ntwr = 1000
 /

and I am using amber 10.

Thanks.

Emmanuel.