Re: [AMBER] Query- Heating after Equilibration

From: Jagdeesh C <jagc666.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 16:58:15 +0530

Thanks Prof. Case.

I wished to check if both the minimization steps are generating proper
restart files that can be used for further simulations.

> I performed 2 sets of minimization and then went on to perform the MD.
>
> 1) 1000 steps of steepest descent
> steepest
> &cntrl
> imin=1, ntmin=2, maxcyc=1000,
> cut=10.0,ntb=1,
> ntc=2,ntf=2,
> ntpr=100,
> /
>
> 2) This is followed by 1000 steps of Polak-Ribiere conjugte gradient
> polak
> &cntrl
> imin=1, ntmin=3,
> irest=0, ntx=1,
> maxcyc=1000,
> cut=10.0,ntb=0,
> ntc=2,ntf=2,
> ntpr=100,
> drms = 0.0119,
> /
> &lmod
> xmin_method = prcg,
> /

I checked MD (constant volume, as pointed) from the rst file produced from
1st minimization and it works fine.

However when I use the restart file from steepest descent to perform 2nd
step of PRCG minimization (previously with ntb=0 shown above) the new rst
generated doesnt work (for MD)

Following your inputs I made the changes that were suggested in PRCG
minimization.step 2 (ntb=2, ntp= 1)

new_polak
&cntrl
imin=1, ntmin=3,
irest=0, ntx=1,
maxcyc=1000,
cut=8.0, ntb=2,
ntc=2, ntf=2,
ntpr=1,
ntp= 1,
/
&lmod
xmin_method = "PRCG",
/

However, I am getting a segmentation fault with this new input. How do I
deal with this error? I have also attached the output files from both
previous and new PRCG's.

Earlier, I wasnt getting any outputs file for subsequent MD (following old
PRCG) because of the error in rst file most likely. For further Md steps, I
shall make changes that have been suggested.

Best regards,
Jagdeesh