Re: [AMBER] problems with NAB and SHIFTS

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:41:12 -0400

This email is incredibly vague. Have you even installed AmberTools? The
source code (for version 1.4) is available on ambermd.org, and . The PATH
variable is a list of directories that are searched for any command that's
typed. Obtaining a basic working knowledge of Unix and the command-line
will help greatly here, so I suggest employing google to find some general
tutorial. For instance, here http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Teaching/Unix/.

Good luck!
Jason

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 7:19 AM, Jakob Toudahl Nielsen <jtn.chem.au.dk>wrote:

> Dear Amber users,
>
> I am trying to install SHIFTS, and need NAB for the execution. When I
> try to use shifts it seems that nab is not recognized as a command and
> that I need to set some path? Here is my output:
>
> [jtn.fe2 shifts-4.3]$ make install
> mkdir bin
> cd src; make install
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/jtn/shiftS/shifts-4.3/src'
> nab -c shifts_emp.nab
> make[1]: nab: Command not found
> make[1]: *** [shifts_emp.o] Error 127
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/jtn/shiftS/shifts-4.3/src'
> make: *** [install] Error 2
>
> any help would be much appreciated.
> best regards,
> Jakob
>

> --
> Jakob Toudahl Nielsen, post doc
> Laboratory for Biomolecular NMR Spectroscopy
> inSPIN, Center for Insoluble Protein Structures
> Department of Chemistry, University of Aarhus
> Langelandsgade 140, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
> Phone: +458942 5528 or +452993 8502 (cell)

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida
Ph.D. Graduate Student
352-392-4032