Re: [AMBER] Can I neglect the error message of sleap in amber tool?

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 21:09:10 -0400

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010, Catein Catherine wrote:

> I tried to follows the commands and kindly advice as listed previously.
> However, I still cannot get rid of the error message of sleap
> complaining that the file cannot found. I found the folder of sleap was
> not in exe folder even after ambertools was installed. Is it normal?

No.

> I tried to do the ./configure --help, I can used gcc, but not gfortran.
> So, I will configure gcc and make -f makefile_at clean, although I did
> not found error message in compiling ambertools. Is gcc can be used to
> compile sleap from the ambertool extract file?

sleap doesn't use fortran, but rather g++. Without more details about what
compilers you have, what OS, etc. You also need to be able to look at the
log created by the make command to find out what happened that prevented sleap
from being built.

> Can I neglect the error message of ../../../exe/sleap file not found,
> when I do the test after compiling ambertools?

If you don't plan to use sleap, you may certainly ignore these errors.

> As I can compile the files without error in another workstation, can I
> simply copy to whole amber directory to the new system to make the amber
> run?

Generally speaking, no. (The more complete answer is an advanced topic.)

....dac