[AMBER] Re: FW: Requesting your help in amber

From: Jenny Iskrenova <jnova2001.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 09:04:22 -0400

Dear Subha,

You should send your questions to the AMBER mailing list as other people may
run into similar problems and may find the discussions and your experience
helpful, the same way as you found my name and e-mail from the mailing list.

The error that you are getting:
line 12: ...
is what it says -- there is no file "sander.PIMD.MPI" in the specified
directory.
After loading the AMBER module you could try:

echo $AMBERHOME <-- this will tell you where the AMBER
installation is
and
ls $AMBERHOME/exe

and you will see where the amber binary file is and what it is called on
your machine.

As for the script, the way it is written, there will be a problem. You may
want to talk to the help staff on the supercomputer for details specific to
that machine. There should be some example scripts that would show you how
to submit a job to the queue on your machine. You may also want to consult
some introductory books on Unix/Linux.

In the script, try adding this line before invoking sander:

cd $PBS_O_WORKDIR/

where $PBS_O_WORKDIR is a variable that holds the name of the work
directory -- the variable name will depend on how it was set on your
machine.

Also, if you want to run a parallel version of the codes, you would have to
run the MPI binary and you would have to use something like:

mpirun -np 4 $AMBERHOME/exe/sander.MPI .....

Hope this gets you started!

Jenny Iskrenova