[AMBER] Error installing AMBER 10 on ubuntu

From: Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2010 16:43:31 +0800

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am trying to install amber 10 to a linux installed with ubuntu 9.1.

I follows the discriptions in http://www.somewhereeville.com/?p=345.

I did

No error message was found, I also setup the paths in .bashrc and .profile. Then, I downloaded the g95-x86.deb file from the www.g95.org webpage.

>sudo dpkg -i g95-x86.deb

Then, I extract the Amber10 and amberTools files by

> sudo tar xvif amber10.tar.bz2

> sudo tar xvjf ambertools-1.2.tar.bz2

then, I try to install AMBERTools

> cd $AMBERHOME

> cd src

> sudo ./configure_at gcc,

Error Message appears in gfortran and g77 compilers. Where can I found the g77 or gfortran compilers, it seems to me that I have install them already in sudo apt-get commands above. What is the error message below means?

> sudo ./configure_at gcc
Setting AMBERHOME to /home/Amber10/amber10

Warning: the X11 libraries are not in the usual location !
    To search for them try the command: locate libXt
    On Fedora Core 5 install an xorg-x11-devel package.
    On RedHat8 install an XFree86-devel package.
    For the moment Amber will be configured not to build XLEaP.

Testing the C compiler:
      gcc -m32 -o testp testp.c
OK

Obtaining the C++ compiler version:
      g++ -v
The version is ../src/configure
4.4.1
[: 520: -lt: unexpected operator
OK

Testing the g77 compiler:
     g77 -O2 -fno-automatic -finit-local-zero -o testp testp.f
./configure_at: 538: g77: not found
./configure_at: 539: ./testp: not found
Unable to compile a Fortran program using g77 -O2 -fno-automatic -finit-local-zero

Testing the gfortran compiler:
     gfortran -O1 -fno-automatic -o testp testp.f
./configure_at: 562: gfortran: not found
./configure_at: 562: ./testp: not found
Unable to compile a Fortran program using gfortran -O1 -fno-automatic
We will be unable to compile mopac or resp

Testing flex:
OK

Configuring netcdf; (may be time-consuming)

NETCDF configure succeeded.

The configuration file, config.h, was successfully created.

The next step is to type 'make -f Makefile_at'

Then,

I tried to install AMBERTools to see the consequence of the error by typing following commands.

> cd $AMBERHOME/test

> sudo pico Makefile_at

According to the www.somewhereville.com instructions. I added two lines to the Makefile_at file

AMBERHOME=/location to amber10/
export AMBERHOME

I also changed #!/bin/sh to #!/bin/bash in the $AMBERHOME/bin/mopac.sh file

As expected, error message also appeared, as the file cannot be compiled correctly (I think).

sudo make -f Makefile_at test
( cd nab; make test )
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/Amber10/amber10/test/nab'
Running test to make dna duplex:

    PASSED
Running Reflexive test:

    PASSED
Running test of hashed arrays:

    PASSED
Running test to compute chemical shifts
   (This tests many parts of the compiler and libraries)

    PASSED

Running test to do simple minimization
   (This tests the molecular mechanics interface)

    PASSED

Running test to do simple minimization with shake
   (This tests the molecular mechanics interface)

    PASSED

Running test to do simple minimization
   (This tests the generalized Born implementation)

    PASSED

Running test to do simple minimization
   (This tests the LCPO surface area)

    PASSED

Running test to do simple minimization
   (This tests the ao generalized Born implementation)

    PASSED

Running test to do molecular dynamics with rattle

    PASSED

Running test of fibre-diffraction module

    PASSED

Running test of randomized embedding

1c1
< radius of gyration: 7.340
---
> radius of gyration:    7.196
   FAILED (OK if gyration radius is about 7 or 8)
Running test to compute NAB energy of 3dfr minus waters.
Compare the NAB energy with the previously computed Amber energy:
Amber8 total energy is 5184.0880
   NAB total energy is 5184.0880
    PASSED
Running test to create Amber force-field description
    PASSED
checking the prmtop file:
    PASSED
Running test to compute GB Newton-Raphson and normal modes:
    PASSED
Running test to compute non-GB Newton-Raphson and normal modes:
    PASSED
Running test to create a simple mmCIF file
    PASSED
Running test to do simple xmin minimization
    PASSED
Running test to compute GB normal modes using DSYEVD:
    PASSED
Running test to compute GB normal modes using DSAUPD:
    PASSED
Running test to compute Langevin modes:
    PASSED
Running test to do simple lmod optimization
1c1
< Glob. min. E         =     -122.793 kcal/mol
---
> Glob. min. E         =     -122.994 kcal/mol
   FAILED (probably OK if energy is -115 to -125)
Running test to do simple minimization
   (This tests the generalized Born implementation)
    PASSED
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/Amber10/amber10/test/nab'
cd ptraj_rmsa && ./Run.rms
diffing rms.dat.save with rms.dat
PASSED
cd ptraj_rms && ./Run.rms

ptraj: test rms and 2drms commands
diffing rms_fit.dat.save with rms_fit.dat
PASSED
diffing rms_nofit.dat.save with rms_nofit.dat
PASSED
diffing rms2d.ps.save with rms2d.ps
PASSED
cd ptraj_matrix && ./Run.matrix

ptraj: analyze fluctuation matrices
diffing 1rrb_vac_distmat.dat.save with 1rrb_vac_distmat.dat
awk: cannot open /opt/amber10/test/ndiff.awk (No such file or directory)
possible FAILURE:  check 1rrb_vac_distmat.dat.dif
diffing 1rrb_vac_mwcovarmat_evecs.dat.save with 1rrb_vac_mwcovarmat_evecs.dat
awk: cannot open /opt/amber10/test/ndiff.awk (No such file or directory)
possible FAILURE:  check 1rrb_vac_mwcovarmat_evecs.dat.dif
diffing 1rrb_vac_distcovarmat_evecs.dat.save with 1rrb_vac_distcovarmat_evecs.dat
awk: cannot open /opt/amber10/test/ndiff.awk (No such file or directory)
possible FAILURE:  check 1rrb_vac_distcovarmat_evecs.dat.dif
cd antechamber/top2mol2 && ./Run.top2mol2
diffing sustiva.mol2.save with sustiva.mol2
PASSED
diffing dna.mol2.save with dna.mol2
PASSED
diffing dna_wat.mol2.save with dna_wat.mol2
PASSED
diffing aa.mol2.save with aa.mol2
PASSED
cd antechamber/database && ./Run.database
diffing total.frcmod.save with total.frcmod
PASSED
diffing total.prepi.save with total.prepi
PASSED
cd antechamber/bondtype && ./Run.bondtype
diffing ABAKOE.prepi.save with ABAKOE.prepi
PASSED
diffing PFPHHG02.prepi.save with PFPHHG02.prepi
PASSED
diffing fluorescein2.mol2.save with fluorescein2.mol2
PASSED
diffing fluorescein_f2.mol2.save with fluorescein_f2.mol2
PASSED
cd antechamber/c60 && ./Run.c60
diffing buckyball.mol2.save with buckyball.mol2
PASSED
diffing buckyball.gzmat.save with buckyball.gzmat
PASSED
diffing buckyball.jcrt.save with buckyball.jcrt
PASSED
diffing buckyball.prepi.save with buckyball.prepi
PASSED
diffing buckyball.ac.save with buckyball.ac
PASSED
cd antechamber/charmm && ./Run.charmm
diffing ala2.inp.save with ala2.inp
PASSED
diffing ala2.rtf.save with ala2.rtf
awk: cannot open /opt/amber10/test/ndiff.awk (No such file or directory)
possible FAILURE:  check ala2.rtf.dif
diffing ala2.prm.save with ala2.prm
possible FAILURE:  check ala2.prm.dif
diffing ala2_charmm.mol2.save with ala2_charmm.mol2
awk: cannot open /opt/amber10/test/ndiff.awk (No such file or directory)
possible FAILURE:  check ala2_charmm.mol2.dif
cd antechamber/chemokine && ./Run.1b2t
diffing 1b2t.mol2.save with 1b2t.mol2
PASSED
diffing 1b2t.ac.save with 1b2t.ac
PASSED
skipping antechamber tests that depend on mopac
(cd leap && ./Run.tleap)
AMBERHOME is set to /opt/amber10
Running leap tests on ./tleap -> ../../exe/teLeap
    building force field libraries:
        '91 ff..
./Run.tleap:  Program error in leap
make: *** [test.leap] Error 1
The test file stop here.  Could you mind to teach me what should I do to correct this error message?
Many thanks in advanced.
Best regards,
Cat