Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA.py calculations...bad atom type

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 07:04:53 -0400

These two errors are related. You are getting no potential terms in your
mdout files because there is a bad atom type and thus sander cannot
calculate the potential energy terms for the system. MMPBSA.py does not
define its own atom types the way that mm_pbsa.pl does, and thus changing
atom types in mm_pbsa_calceneent.pm won't change anything for MMPBSA.py.
MMPBSA.py uses the same atom type list that sander does. Have you taken a
look at the PB and GB mdout files to see if there are any error messages in
there? I wouldn't think that you should be having a bad atom type since I
assume you ran the simulation using sander, which has the same atom type
definitions as MMPBSA.py. This error message, though, is really a sander
error message, and needs to be fixed as such. Hopefully someone with more
experience with bad atom types in sander can help out here.

Good luck!

-Bill

Bill Miller III
Quantum Theory Project,