Re: [AMBER] simulation of protein

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:13:41 -0400

Hello,

You should, in my opinion, always use ntx=5 if your restart file has
velocities from a previous simulation. (ntx=7 is not terribly well
documented in the manuals I have, and ntx=5 reads in formatted coordinates,
velocities, and box dimensions if ntb>0, which is what you're trying to do
as far as I can tell).

Furthermore, be aware of the well-documented limitations of using ff99. I
believe it is generally suggested that ff99 be avoided in favor of the far
more recent (and accurate) ff99SB force field. The SB modifications fix the
backbone torsions that tend to over-stabilize alpha-helices, if I recall
correctly.

In any case, unless you have a specific reason for choosing ff99, I would
suggest ff99SB or something newer.

All the best,
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,