Re: [AMBER] ALASCAN (Alanine scanning mutagens )

From: Dwight McGee <dwight.mcgee.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2010 11:31:01 -0400

Hi

  Though I am no expert but the biggest issue which I see which you have
addressed below is *sampling*. There have been many debates on whether one
long simulation or many short simulations with different initial seeds will
give you better sampling. In my opinion both approaches have their pros and
cons so might want to research some papers which address this issue.
This is a website which goes over Energy Decomposition:
http://ambermd.org/tutorials/advanced/tutorial3/py_script/section6.htm