Re: [AMBER] Lmod, NAB error

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 12:17:50 -0400

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 12:04 PM, Cristina Sisu <csds2.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hello Amber Users,
>
> I am trying to do some conformational sampling using LMOD from NAB in
> AmberTools. I've installed it but when I try to the example in the
> lmod_beta_secretase:
> > nab 1W50_lmod.nab
> I get the following error:
> > can't open c-code file 1W50_lmod.c
>

>From my (limited) experience with nab, it creates an intermediate .c file
that is compiled by whatever c-compiler you built nab with. The way I
interpret this line (and I was able to reproduce this message on my own
machine), is that you don't have write permission in whatever directory
you're trying to build this program in. Either move it to a directory where
you are allowed to write files or give yourself write permission in whatever
directory you're attempting it with. Also be aware that this command will
build the program as "a.out". You can use "nab -o 1W50_lmod 1W50_lmod.nab"
to name it.

Good luck!
Jason

> > nab2c failed!