RE: [AMBER] Is it possible to revome water molecules during simulation?

From: Hoshin Kim <85hskim.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 16:59:27 +0900

Dear Bill and Amber user

The purpose of my dynamics is checking the sugar solubility in ionic liquid
by various method.
Ionic liquid has poor sugar solubility. But when I use water-mediated
method(mentioned previous mail), sugar solubility in ionic liquid has been
increased. This method has proven to be useful by real experiment. So I'd
like to know why solubility has been increased when using water
mediated-method by MD

Are there any method to mimic this procedure?
How about "Strip" command in PTRAJ? Does it affect the sugar molecules like
real evaporation?

Thank you as always

Regards,

Hoshin Kim.

-------
                   Hoshin Kim
Now)
Visiting Scholar
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695
Phone: 919-986-9258
Also)
Graduate student (M.D. candidate)
Ionic Liquids Team(ILs) in Bio Nano Process Lab
Department of Biological Engineering,
2S 113, Engineering building Inha University,
253 Yonghyeon Dong, Nam Ku
Incheon, KOREA
TEL) +82-32-860-8655
-------