Re: [AMBER] MMPBSA problem binding energy calculation

From: Bill Miller III <brmilleriii.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 21:18:39 -0400

What exactly do you mean you "can not see anything in VMD"? I'm guessing
that it doesn't look like it is supposed to. As Jason mentioned, this means
that there is almost certainly a mismatch between your prmtop and coordinate
files that you generated. Thus, something has gone wrong with the generating
coordinates step, and you should not proceed to the binding energy
calculation until you can successfully visualize the generated coordinate
files with the correct prmtops. You should check very carefully over the
prmtop files to make sure they match the atom number definitions you are
supplying mm_pbsa.pl in the input file (extract_coords.mmpbsa).
Specifically, make sure that the receptor and complex prmtops each have the
3 Zn ions that you are specifying in the atom definitions. Keeping ions
during an MM/PBSA calculation can be a very tricky process in itself.

I hope this helps.

Good luck!

-Bill

Bill Miller III