Re: [AMBER] Parallel installation of AMBER 11 on MacOSX

From: George Tzotzos <gtzotzos.me.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 15:47:27 +0200

Hi Jason,

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

I downloaded MPICH2 as you suggested and tried to install. However, I'm unable to proceed with the installation.

See the error message below

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance

George

checking whether g77 accepts the FLIBS found by autoconf... yes
checking whether C can link with -L/usr/local/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8.8.1/3.4.0 -L/usr/local/lib/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8.8.1/3.4.0/../../.. -lfrtbegin -lg2c... yes
checking for linker for Fortran main programs... Use Fortran to link programs
checking whether Fortran 77 and C objects are compatible... no
checking for file... file
configure: error: **** Incompatible Fortran and C Object File Types! ****
F77 Object File Type produced by "g77 -O2" is : : Mach-O object i386.
 C Object File Type produced by "gcc -O2" is : : Mach-O 64-bit object x86_64.
make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
make: *** No rule to make target `install'. Stop.