Re: [AMBER] NMR distance restraints read but not used

From: Douglas Kojetin <DKojetin.scripps.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 11:36:58 -0400

An update:

We have verified that compiling Amber10 using bugfixes 1-26 only does not cause the problem observed in this thread, re: NMR distance restraints.

We now plan to apply all bugfixes, except #28 (which is a NMR data specific bugfix), to see if bugfix #28 is causing the problems.

Has anyone successfully used NMR distance restraints since applying Amber10 bugfix #28?

Doug
--
Department of Molecular Therapeutics
The Scripps Research Institute
On 5/21/10 3:01 PM, "case" <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu> wrote:
On Fri, May 21, 2010, Douglas Kojetin wrote:
> Setting pencut = -1.0, here are the first few distance restraints:
>
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
>      First atom        Last atom    curr. value target deviation  penalty
>  ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
> ---
>   HA   VAL   49 --  H    LYS   52:    3.143    4.610    1.467    0.000 d
> 13: 0
OK...now we have progress; you can examine the input data in the RST file,
looking just at the first restraint.  If the solution is not obvious, you
could post just that one piece of input and ask questions.  Also, check
your mdin file to make sure you have not set some restraint weight to
zero.
Not to beat a dead horse, but my previous suggestion of setting LISTIN=POUT
still seems like a good idea -- it gives lots more detail about what is going
on.
I think it is rather unlikely that this is related to serial vs. parallel, or
would be fixed by some recompilation.  There are lots of ways that restraints
can do things you don't expect, but difficult to remotely debug without more
information. (We would need to know r1,r2,r3,r4, rk2, rk3 at a minimum.)
....dac