Re: [AMBER] what is the meaning of GBSA decompostion results for drug-drug interaction?

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 09:36:25 -0400

Are you doing a pairwise decomposition (idecomp=3,4) or a pairwise
decomposition (idecomp=1,2)? Your subject would suggest the former.

The ligand will probably undergo the largest SASA change, since it goes from
"buried" to completely solvent-exposed, so its non-polar solvation term will
be the largest of any residue in the system.

However, without knowing more details about what exactly you're doing, I
can't provide much more explanation (i.e. are you using MM/PBSA, either
MMPBSA.py or mm_pbsa.pl, or just manually setting idecomp in the sander mdin
file, etc.)

All the best,
Jason

2010/5/27 Catein Catherine <askamber23.hotmail.com>

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>

> I have done a GBSA calculation for a drug-protein complex. I found the a
> list of energies for each residues in the complexes with drug.
>

> I could understand the meaning of protein residue-drug energies phyiscally.
>

> However, I found the energies for drug-drug is highest among all the
> residues in the complex. Why? What is the physical meaning of drug-drug
> interaction?
>

> Best regards,
>

> Cat

Quantum Theory Project,