Re: [AMBER] CPU core requirements for GPU Amber?

From: Sasha Buzko <obuzko.ucla.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 15:35:26 -0700

Jason, Levi,
thanks for your comments. So it's 1 core per 1 GPU.

And yes, I know that currently Amber11 only supports single GPU
simulations. For now, I'm just thinking about a (cost-effective) system
to run several of them concurrently, and perhaps have something
reasonable for a future parallel GPU version.

As a side question: has anyone tested Amber with core i7 processors, as
opposed to Xeons? Are there any performance comparisons with regard to
Amber in general, and maybe even GPU version?

Thanks again

Sasha