Re: [AMBER] Energy minimization OR black art

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:22:05 -0400

Hello,

Gustavo is right. Different initial conditions give far different results
in non-converged MD simulations (i.e. simulations that were not run for long
enough). You could probably even start 3 separate simulations from the same
starting point, change the random seed for langevin dynamics, and obtain
these "drastically" different results for RMSF/RMSD/energy/etc. amongst
those three seemingly "identical" simulations.

I haven't actually ever tried that exercise, but such is the nature of
chaotic systems.

Good luck!
Jason

Quantum Theory Project,