[AMBER] DIPOLE MOMENT OF HEPARAN SULPHATE MODELS

From: Juan Carlos <juan.munioz.iiq.csic.es>
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:16:53 +0200

Dear amber users,

I´m working on molecular dynamics simulations of heparan sulphate
models, in my case, having 6 negative charges. When calculating the
dipole moment wiht ptraj I include the HS residues + the 6 Na+
neutralizing ions, as the manual advise for the calculation of dipole
moments. When processing the results over 86 ns, I observe the dipole
moment grows up (with fluctuations) till 6300 debyes (at 0 ns it´s
about 80 debyes). Has anyone ever worked on HS simulations and
calculated the dipole moment? Do you think is it possible such a high
value and such increasing behaviour?

Thank you.

*J.C. Munoz
PhD student.
Institute of Chemical Research (Instituto de Investigaciones Quimicas),
Sevilla, Spain.
Carbohydrates Group.*