Re: [AMBER] personalized addition of H atoms in proteins with tleap

From: Bill Ross <ross.cgl.ucsf.EDU>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 17:56:39 -0700

> The point is exactly that I don't want to perform optimization, so I
> would not change the force field itself but I would just change the
> "initial" structure of my "protonated" protein according to a N-H
> distance I select.

For this you could build a new residue template with the desired
distance. Then if there is no H in the pdb, the template will be
applied on loadpdb to generate the H at the desired location.

There's a bit of learning curve on this.

> If I have understood correctly, the only way to do that is to accept
> the initial addition of H atoms and than optimize with restrains using
> modified parameters.

This might be easier.

> Just to let me know if I have understood correctly:

> when you say

> > However, changing that file WILL do what you want it to.

> do you mean that after processing (opt or MD) this system it will take
> into consideration the parameters I added in the frcmod but it will
> not change my initial structure according to this parameters?

*During* min or md the params would be used. Everything would be
subject to movement unless you use 'belly' on just the H, in which
case I think you'd get what you want.

Bill