[AMBER] problem with MMPBSA

From: Chanchal <chanchal.kar.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 15:54:18 +0200

Hi all,
   I am trying to estimate the binding free energy of a ligand (steroid) to
a protein using MMPB/SA & MMGB/SA approaches. I am using MMPBSA.py
available in amber 11. I followed the amber tutorials. My GB calculation was
successful but the PB calculation failed. The ourput of the
_MMPBSA_complex_pb.mdout & _MMPBSA_receptor_pb.mdout shows the following
error message:
   4. RESULTS

 POST-PROCESSING OF TRAJECTORY ENERGIES
trajectory generated by
ptraj
minimizing coord set # 1
 PB bomb in pb_reslist(): maxnbr too small

Please let me know how can I fix this error.

2. I have another naive question. I got binding free energy (delta G) from
MMGB/SA calculation. Now I want to estimate the binding affinity in nM unit.
How can I do it?
Thanks
Chanchal