Re: [AMBER] NMR distance restraints read but not used

From: Douglas Kojetin <douglas.kojetin.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:30:33 -0400

In this case, Iım pretty sure my restraint energies should not be 0.

I also performed a serial simulation (Amber 10, sander) and see similar
results (Bond = 0).

I think it could be something wrong with these specific Amber10
sander/sander.MPI binaries, as calculations on a different computing cluster
(Amber 10 binaries, but compiled a while ago) reports restraint energies >
0. We only have Amber 10 bug fixes 1-32 for the problematic binaries, and
the current is 35. Bugfixes 1-17 were applied to the older binary that
reports restraint energies > 0.

I havenıt this specific dataset on the older binaries (yet), but I noticed
this problem (Bond = 0) previously on another dataset, switched to another
cluster running Amber 10 (an older complied version), and the calculations
gave results with Bond > 0.

I suppose we should recompile and hope for the best ...

Thanks,

Doug