[AMBER] Calculating Self-Diffusion Coefficients

From: Matthew Tessier <matthew.tessier.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:13:34 -0400

Hello all,

I'm trying to reproduce self diffusion coefficients from NMR for two
disaccharides in explicit waters using a similar procedure to that outlined
in

Corzana, F. et al. J. Comput. Chem. 2004, v 25, 4, pp 573-586

The authors obtained the self-diffusion coefficients computationally "via
the Stokes-Einstein relation and the center of mass mean-square displacement
autocorrelation". I'm first trying to reproduce the results from this
publication to establish the method before looking at other sugars. I've
tried using the "diffusion" function in ptraj but my results are
inconsistent (off by an order of magnitude). Am I trying to obtain this
value correctly?

Matthew Tessier

mbt3911.uga.edu

matthew.tessier.gmail.com

Woods' Lab Room 2069

Complex Carbohydrate Research Center - University of Georgia