[AMBER] Mutations and minimizations

From: Cristina Sisu <csds2.cam.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 11:35:21 +0100

Hi,

I mutated one residue in my protein from LYS to SER using PyMol.
Following the mutations, I performed a minimization step with the two
upstream and downstream residues from the mutated one unrestrained.
However even after 30000 minimization steps, the structure did not seam
to have changed a lot. Is there any particular way to sample the entire
configuration space when doing mutations? Or is there any method to
perform these mutations in amber rather than PyMol?

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks,
Cristina