Re: [AMBER] solvent MD - poor equilibration

From: Paul S. Nerenberg <psn.berkeley.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:47:38 -0700

Senthil,

I think you are misunderstanding the advice of Bill and others. It is
normal to see the formation of solvent voids during the constant
volume heating phase. The relevant question is do you see these voids
after the constant pressure (a.k.a., density or volume equilibration)
phase. From your previous e-mails, it is not clear that you actually
have run the constant pressure simulation (what you are calling step 4
in your first e-mail). Try running the constant pressure phase,
plotting the density vs. time, and examining *that* trajectory.

Best,

Paul