[AMBER] problems enabling CUDA for Amber 11 on Mac OS X 10.6

From: Steve Constable <sjconstable.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 16:16:58 -0400

Hello,

I am currently trying to install Amber 11 with nVidia CUDA support on my Mac OS X 10.6 workstation. When it comes time to build CUDA support, the linking stage fails because nVidia only provides i386 libraries, and amber is built for the x86_64 architecture in 10.6. I tried to hack my own configure script that would build Amber for the i386 architecture, but I again experienced linker problems (netCDF refused to export symbols correctly, and pmemd.cuda could not load the CUDA dynamic libraries correctly.) I'm including my customized configure script for reference, and I am using the GCC 4.5 suite from hpc.sourceforge.net<http://hpc.sourceforge.net/>.

Thank You
Stephen J. Constable
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1
sjconstable.uwaterloo.ca<mailto:sjconstable.uwaterloo.ca>
(519) 888-4567 x34099