Re: [AMBER] installation on MacOS10.6

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 14:40:23 -0400

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Mengjuei Hsieh <mjhsieh.gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 6:03 AM, Alan <alanwilter.gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyway, apple gcc (/usr/bin/gcc) is the *only* gcc you have so it won't
> work
> > to compile AmberTools. The reason is that apple gcc has no libs for
> fortran,
> > see, form my system:
>
> Actually, if you use MacPorts' gfortran and apple's stock gcc, it
> might work in some occasions. (That happened to my previous computer
> once.) However, mixing different version of gcc and gfortran is indeed
> not wise. :-p

It's worked for me on old versions of amber (and even pre-release 11), but
my experience has been that C/F90 linking doesn't work with that
configuration. Maybe there are tricks you can play? It's been a while
since I've attempted that on my machine though, so my memory may be hazy.
However, you're the mac-install expert, Mengjuei ;-).

All the best,

> Mengjuei

Quantum Theory Project,
University of Florida