[AMBER] protein moves out of the box when using ptraj center image

From: Sun, Yufang <sunyu.iupui.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 19:52:23 -0400

Dear Amber Users:

We have problems with ptraj image.

The protein moved out of the box after the actions of "center" and "image". This is the script I used:

trajin prod.mdcrd

center :1-462

image origin center familiar

trajout prod_imaged.mdcrd

If I use the following script in which I deleted the command line "center :1-462", the imaged protein remains within the box.

trajin prod.mdcrd

image origin center familiar

trajout prod_imaged.mdcrd

However, when I search online or read AMBER manual or tutorial, they all suggested I need to center my solute first and then image. Could anybody please tell me whether we should center solute first or not. And if we do not center the solute first, is the imaged file reliable as we want to calculate some water molecules around certain residues.

Thank you so much.

Yufang