Re: [AMBER] after equil surface of octahedral water-box have small well shaped arrangement of water

From: mish <smncbr.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 14:56:50 +0200

Hi,
Fixed means restrained. but used very tight restrain (restraint_wt=200.0).
I used proper ensembles mentioned in literature. But I am copying detail of
input file so that u can point out other mistakes too..

------------ -------Step 1 ---------------------------
minimization of solvent molecules
&cntrl
  imin=1,maxcyc=3000,ncyc=500,
  cut=10.0,ntb=1,
  ntc=1,ntf=1,
  ntpr=50,
  ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-266',
  restraint_wt=200.0,
  /

------------------- step 2 --------------------------
heating system with fixed protein
&cntrl
  imin=0,irest=0,ntx=1,
  nstlim=300000,dt=0.001,
  ntc=2,ntf=2,
  cut=10.0, ntb=1,
  ntpr=1000, ntwx=1000,
  ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0,
  tempi=10.0, temp0=300,
  ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-266',
  restraint_wt=200.0,
  nmropt=1
 /
 &wt TYPE='TEMP0', istep1=0, istep2=250000,
  value1=10.1, value2=300, /
 &wt TYPE='END' /

------------------- step 3 --------------------------equilibrating water in
the system with fixed protein
&cntrl
  imin=0,irest=1,ntx=5,
  nstlim=700000,dt=0.001,
  ntc=2,ntf=2,
  cut=10.0, ntb=2, ntp=1, taup=5.0,
  ntpr=1000, ntwx=1000,
  ntt=3, gamma_ln=2.0,
  temp0=300,
  ntr=1, restraintmask=':1-266',
  restraint_wt=200.0,
 /

and i can see that weired behavior after step 3, which i supposed to be
proper equilibrated octahedral box after 70 ps equilibration.

....mish