Re: [AMBER] How to make ionic liquid solvent box?

From: Hoshin Kim <85hskim.gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 07:41:56 +0900

Dear Bill, also Dear All,

 I'm trying to make ionic liquid solvent box. But I'm still having hard
time. After running saveamberparm, I ran top2mol2 to check my structure. But
my ion structures have been changed. Some double bonds are changed to single
bonds

Attached herewith are original cation and anion structure files(emim.mol2
and tfo.mol2) I made, and result file(result.mol2) which has problem.

Before using structure files that I used, I made frcmod files and modify the
charge by using antechamber

I also attach Xleap log.

Welcome to LEaP!

(no leaprc in search path)

> source leaprc.gaff

----- Source: /usr/local/apps/amber9/dat/leap/cmd/leaprc.gaff

----- Source of /usr/local/apps/amber9/dat/leap/cmd/leaprc.gaff done Log
file: ./leap.log Loading parameters:
/usr/local/apps/amber9/dat/leap/parm/gaff.dat

Reading title:

AMBER General Force Field for organic mol., add. info. at the end (June,
2003)

> loadamberparams emim.frcmod

Reading force field modification type file (frcmod) Reading title:

remark goes here

> loadamberparams tfo.frcmod

Reading force field modification type file (frcmod) Reading title:

remark goes here

> list

gaff

> emim=loadmol2 emim.mol2

Reading MOLECULE named MOL

> tfo=loadmol2 tfo.mol2

Reading MOLECULE named MOL

> x=copy emim

> solvatebox x tfo 4

Solvent has no box, so preparing by making box including vdw (Use 'setBox
centers' first if box was pre-equilibrated)

  Solute vdw bounding box: 10.325 6.861 5.901

  Total bounding box for atom centers: 18.325 14.861 13.901

  Solvent unit box: 7.072 6.078 6.900

  Total vdw box size: 21.215 12.515 6.900 angstroms.

  Volume: 1831.891 A^3

  Total mass 409.308 amu, Density 0.371 g/cc

  Added 2 residues.

> solvatebox x emim 3.5

Solvent has no box, so preparing by making box including vdw (Use 'setBox
centers' first if box was pre-equilibrated)

  Solute vdw bounding box: 21.215 12.515 6.900

  Total bounding box for atom centers: 28.215 19.515 13.900

  Solvent unit box: 10.325 6.861 5.901

  Total vdw box size: 30.564 20.878 6.900 angstroms.

  Volume: 4402.831 A^3

  Total mass 520.476 amu, Density 0.196 g/cc

  Added 1 residues.

> edit x

> check x

Checking 'x'....

Checking parameters for unit 'x'.

Checking for bond parameters.

Checking for angle parameters.

Unit is OK.

> saveamberparm x iobox.prmtop iobox.inpcrd

Checking Unit.

Building topology.

Building atom parameters.

Building bond parameters.

Building angle parameters.

Building proper torsion parameters.

Building improper torsion parameters.

 total 10 improper torsions applied

Building H-Bond parameters.

Not Marking per-residue atom chain types.

Marking per-residue atom chain types.

  (Residues lacking connect0/connect1 -

   these don't have chain types marked:

           res total affected

           NIT1 2

           NIT2 2

  )

 (no restraints)

I'm very beginning of amber. Please reply in detail. Thank for your kind
help in advance.

Regards,

Hoshin Kim