[AMBER] RE: about xleap parameter files

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 06:31:12 -0700

Hi Navanath,

It is better if you post such questions to the AMBER mailing list. See
http://lists.ambermd.org/ for signup details. I am cc'ing this reply there.
That way others can help answer your questions more promptly and everyone
can benefit from the replies.

The behavior you describe is correct for AMBER 9 and later. There is no
longer a default force field that is loaded. This is described in the
beginning of the AmberTools manual. You need to manually source a force
field. E.g. if you want to use FF99SB then you would enter the following in
xleap:

source leaprc.ff99SB

Good luck,

Ross