Re: [AMBER] molecular dynamics set up

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 09:07:37 -0400

this sounds like there are many reasons why your simulation could be
unstable and not just because of using the cap.
making mutations to a homology model and expecting ligands to bind well in
MD is a very challenging project that would take significant expertise and
experience. I think you need to look carefully at each step of your protocol
(all the way from the start) and determine a way to test how reliable it is
(find a control). you can't just assume it's the cap that causes trouble-
unless you show that the same system works just fine with normal solvation.