[AMBER] serial TI with ifsc = 2 and icfe = 0

From: Josh Berryman <the.real.josh.berryman.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 13:08:59 +0200

Hello Team, and thanks in advance for helping. I am trying to run a TI
calculation in which a box of water disappears to nothing using the softcore
potential, and icfe = 0, as mentioned in the amber 10 manual sec 4.1 page
107. This may seem perverse, but the functionality *is* advertised as being
there.

Where is the DV/DL value? SC_DERIV appears always to be zero in the output
and DV/DL is not printed. This matches the output for test case
'test/softcore/pert2nil/mdout.save' so I assume that there is no problem
with the program or with my input file, only my limited understanding.

Am I supposed to differentiate the Hamiltonian in (Steinbrecher, Mobley,
Case JCP 2007) with respect to lambda myself? What about 1-4 interactions
etc - will the derivative with respect to lambda be the same for these? I
am worried that I have not got the right end of the stick here.

Josh