Re: [AMBER] a possible typo bug while building pmemd with mpi

From: Alan <alanwilter.gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 19:08:24 +0100

Thank you all.

I use fink and there's mac2unix, thanks for the tip.

After being sure I was using Unix EOL files, I ran more tests and found out
that indeed the space '-o ' matters.

Sorry for all that, among others thing, I had set up in my TextWrangler to
strip end whitespaces when saving... oh dear...

Cheers,

Alan

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 18:13, Ben Roberts <roberts.qtp.ufl.edu> wrote:

> If you have macports, you could install dos2unix from there. It installs a
> thing called "mac2unix" (yes, the names are different) in /opt/local/bin.
>
> [user.computer dir]$ sudo port install dos2unix
>
> should do what you want.
>
> Then, you can convert a file using:
>
> [user.computer dir]$ mac2unix foo.txt
>
> which will convert the line endings in place.
>
> The program dos2unix, for those files that have passed through Windows, is
> included in the "dos2unix" port as well.
>
> Cheers,
> Ben
>
> On 29/4/2010, at 12:46 p.m., Alan wrote:
>
> > Thanks guys.
> >
> > I am familiar to emacs and vi. I will check emacs.app because one of the
> > issues I have with X editors is the copy and paste.
> >
> > Alan
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 17:22, David Watson <dewatson.olemiss.edu>
> wrote:

> assure
> >> me
> format?
> >>
> >> If vi and emacs are too complicated, you might try nano from the
> terminal.

Alan Wilter S. da Silva, D.Sc. - CCPN Research Associate
Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge.
80 Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1GA, UK.