RE: [AMBER] Compiling pmemd (Amber 10) with OpenMPI, pathscale, etc.

From: Ross Walker <ross.rosswalker.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:23:37 -0700

Hi Paul,

A fix is coming for this in a few minutes. It is related to issues with
bugfix.31. Try the attached patch file and let me know if it works.

cd $AMBERHOME/src/pmemd/src/
cp /path_to_patch/patch ./
patch -p0 < patch
cd ../
make

With regards to building for openMPI etc. The problem is the PMEMD 10 build
scripts all try to guess at the MPI libraries rather than using mpif90 and
mpicc which can leave one in a world of trouble. This has been addressed in
AMBER 11 and it should be much simpler to build things.

For the time being what you did in the config.h file is correct. Basically
empty the MPI_LIBS line and replace all occurrences of the C or Fortran
compilers with mpicc and mpif90 respectively. Note the optimization flags
are hopelessly out of date for PGF90 since I don't think any of the
developers have access to newer versions of the Portland group compilers,
preferring to stick with Intel and/or Gnu. What you have though looks good
to me.

I wouldn't bother too much with FFTW. It makes a marginal difference at best
and tends to just complicate the build process.

All the best
Ross