Re: [AMBER] how is pH treated in Amber - other than constant pH simulations

From: Carlos Simmerling <carlos.simmerling.gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:10:42 -0400

simulations in amber are either constant pH or constant protonation.
default protonations are reasonable for the isolated amino acids, but
pka shifts may occur in proteins. it is possible to calculate pkas for
the initial structure, assign protonation states, and keep them. this
is ok as long as there are not conformation dependent pka changes that
cross your pH.