Re: [AMBER] about amber force field

From: mattia <mori.dott.gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 14:08:48 +0100

Hi,
For sure you have to minimize the protein structure (and the solvent, if
present), before to attempt MD simulations.
For a similar system (protein-DNA) I've succesfully used ff99SB for
nucleic acids and ff03 for the protein, modified with Zn-binding
parameters [Mori M et al., J Chem Inf Model. 2010 Mar 4. (Epub ahead of
print)]. Just load both of them in leap module.
About the version of Amber, I've used without problems AMBER10. I think
the MMPBSA test problem has been already fixed, check the archive.
However Amber9 should also works fine.
Regards

Mattia