Re: [AMBER] Glycerol Models

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 00:02:07 +0100

Dear Mannan,

> Thanks for the answer,
> How do I built the system with Glycerol or Glycerol water mix,
> What is the technique involved?

You need to get charges for Glycerol and a FF library; FF atom types
can be added afterwards. For Glycerol, you have many donor & acceptor
of H-bonds; this means you will get many different conformations
possible. The difficulty might be to select one or more; and find good
reasons for that...

You could look at polyols in R.E.DD.B. to get examples of RESP charge
derivation for polyols:

Use the "Download project" utility & search for keyword "Alcohol":

-- R.E.DD.B. code (if known)
-- Molecule keyword *
-- Molecule name
-- Author lastname