Re: [AMBER] mol file format of Gaussian and Amber

From: FyD <fyd.q4md-forcefieldtools.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 04:43:56 +0100

Dear Jim,

By "mol" file format do you mean "mol2" file format ?
This file format is rigorously defined .
http://tripos.com/index.php?family=modules,SimplePage,,,&page=sup_mol2&s=0

Many programs generate their own "version" of this format with small
adaptations which are more or less correct//more or less understood by
others programs...

LEaP does recognize a well defined mol2 file format.
See basic examples of correct mol2 file format recognized by LEaP in
R.E.DD.B.:

http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/Projects/W-1/tripos1.mol2

http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/Projects/W-46/tripos1.mol2
http://q4md-forcefieldtools.org/REDDB/Projects/W-46/tripos2.mol2