Re: [AMBER] fscanf

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:10:22 -0500

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010, Chris Moth wrote:

> I note in the AmberToolsi.pdf that the Xscanf examples used "%lf" for
> float input, and you pass the object reference, not a pointer. So, it
> would be fscanf(FILE,"%lf",f), not fscanf(FILE,"%f",&f).

Just a second here: Chris has the correct solution.

> nab is such an elegant idea - ashame it is not written as C++ classes, as
> the nab preprocessor sometimes makes it particular difficult to get at the
> root cause of errors during the second pass C compiler run.

Also correct; NAB was designed and implemented back when C++ was still in its
infancy. But one of the key problems has been error reporting when
there problems with the nab inputs. One "tip" is to look at the bottom of the
C file when you get a "nab2c failed" message. That will usually show you the
last thing the compiler was working on.

....dac