Re: [AMBER] Lennard-Jones Parameters in prmtop

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 22:18:25 -0500

On Sun, Jan 17, 2010, Jianhui Tian wrote:

> Thanks for this reply. I will take a look at Cheatham's JPCB 2008 paper.
> What can I do if I dont have amber10? Is there a way to get ions08.lib and
> frcmod.ionsjb_XXXXXX? Are they compatible with amber9?

You can get the parameters either by downloading AmberTools, or by following
the "Amber force field parameter files" link at http://ambermd.org. Parameter
files may be used with any version of Amber.

> Still I wonder how the Lennard-Jones-Acoef and Lennard-Jones-Bcoef are
> calculated. Many thanks for clarification.

A detailed explanation is part of the FAQ, also at http://ambermd.org:

http://ambermd.org/Questions/vdwequation.pdf

...dac