Re: [AMBER] AT 1.3 Parallel Install Problem (pNetCDF)

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:02:47 -0500

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010, Cihan Aydin wrote:

> ncgentab.c \
> ncgentab.h: ncgen.y ncgenyy.c ncgen.h
> $(yacc) -d $(srcdir)/ncgen.y; \
> mv ncgen.tab.c /*(used to be y.tab.c)*/ ncgentab.c; \
> mv ncgen.tab.h /*(used to be y.tab.c)*/ ncgentab.h
>
> Changing to this solves the problem in the utils/ncgen/Makefile

Quite odd: in amber11/src/pnetcdf/src/utils/ncgen/Makefile, what
does the line that starts with "yacc " say? My guess is that somehow
you have yacc equivalenced to "bison", but not "bison -y".

This might have been the mistake. If pnetcdf finds bison, it will set
yacc to "bison -y"; but if it finds yacc, it probably just uses it.

...dac