Re: [AMBER] Install problem

From: Jason Swails <jason.swails.gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:06:08 -0500

Hello,

Dan is right, you need to extract AmberTools 1.3 to amber11 directory
and amber10 directory to different places. This doesn't present much
of a problem, however. I would assign AMBERHOME to the AmberTools
directory, as I believe only certain AmberTools applications actually
make use of that environment variable (i.e., it's unnecessary for
AMBERHOME to point to the amber10 directory for sander, pmemd, and
other amber programs, but I think for nab it is important, though I
may be corrected here). For those programs that don't make explicit
use of the variable, as long as they are in the path you can execute
them just fine (or you can specify the full path of the executable).

One thing you probably should do is set AMBERHOME to each directory as
you install it (but I think that's actually done in the configure
script for both AmberTools and amber10). Bear in mind that you can
also reset AMBERHOME as needed (but you can't access sander as
$AMBERHOME/exe/sander if AMBERHOME points to your AmberTools 1.3
location, just keep that in mind).

Good luck!
Jason