Re: [AMBER] Add residue from PDB file

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 09:01:37 -0500

On Sat, Jan 09, 2010, Xihui Yin wrote:

> I want to simulate the interaction of two molecules which come from one PDB
> file, but I don't how to add two residues into one unit. I thought maybe I
> should use the command "add" , however, it doesn't work.

My suggestion: just edit the pdb file to have two copies of your molecule,
with a TER card in between. Translate the coordinates of one of the molecules
away from the other. Then the "loadpdb" command will give you what you want.

[Note that you may also need to use something like antechamber to create
a topology library and parameters for C6.]

....dac