Re: [AMBER] nab installation

From: case <case.biomaps.rutgers.edu>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:26:35 -0500

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009, Lixia Jin Day wrote:

> I downloaded the nab-5.1.2 a year ago. Now I installed it on my windowsXP
> under cygwin. I installed it successfully and it passed the test. However,
> when I run a program it always fails with the following information:

Does it *still* pass the tests, or was that just a year ago? This is a
way-old version of nab, and it looks like NABHOME was not set at the time
you installed it. You may want to just go to http://ambermd.org/#AmberTools
to get a current version.

> gcc: /lib/libsym.a: No such file or directory
> But I checked the file IS there.

Who are you going to believe, gcc or your lying eyes? Seriously, I am
stumped; if you are sure that /lib/libsym.a is present, (with proper
permissions?) but gcc thinks it is not, I don't have a suggested solution.

Note that the command apparently found /lib/libnab.a but not /lib/libsym.a.
Check to see if there is anything different about these two files.

> I checked the setting of NABHOME and it was right, as well the PATH. I did
> rehash too.

What *are* your values for NABHOME and PATH? You might think it is "right",
but it might not be. As I said above, it looks like you installed NAB with
an empty NABHOME variable.

....dac